The American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA)
was founded in 1933 in Illinois by a group of seven veterinarians who were convinced that small animal medicine was important and that we should be obligated to provide better facilities and methods then were available. Today AAHA is internationally respected for it’s dedication to professional development, high hospital standards, outstanding publications, and excellent educational programs.
We are regularly evaluated by AAHA professionals to ensure that we are maintaining the highest standards of care. Less than 15% of the small animal facilities in North America can claim this distinction.
The American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) is the only organization that accredits animal hospitals throughout the U.S. and Canada.- AAHA accredited hospitals voluntarily choose to be evaluated on over 800 standards in the following areas: quality of care; diagnostic & pharmacy; management; medical records and facility. To promote healthier pets, AAHA has gathered its veterinary resources to create an extensive pet health care resource, HealthyPet.com.
Pet owners can access:
- Convenient AAHA-accredited animal hospital locator
- Comprehensive articles dedicated to dogs, cats and exotic pets
- Answers to frequent questions concerning pet diseases and illness
- An AAHA-accredited animal hospital tour
- Updates to the recent pet food recalls
- Behavioral tips to enhance the human-pet bond